- Instant Pot or Stove Top
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 large White onion
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz can Fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Yellow bell pepper diced
- 3 Carrots peeled and diced
- 1.5 lbs raw Chicken breast
- 1 13.5 oz can Full Fat Coconut milk
- 1 Lime juiced
- 2 large Zucchini spiralized
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
For the Instant Pot:
- Select the saute function to medium (if possible) on the Instant Pot. Coat the bottom of the pot with oil, and once hot, add onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then toss in ginger and garlic. Once the vegetables are gently browned, about another 3 minutes, select cancel.
- Now add in chicken broth, tomatoes, Thai curry paste, sea salt, bell pepper, carrots, and chicken breast. Secure the lid. Select manual, or pressure, and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Use a quick release, and remove the lid. Take out the chicken breast and shred with a fork and knife. Place the chicken back into the pot. Now stir in coconut milk, lime juice, and spiralized zucchini. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Pour into individual bowls, add salt to taste. Garnish with fresh cilantro (if using).
For the Stovetop:
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Heat a large pot to medium heat. Once hot, add oil and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add chicken, garlic, and fresh ginger. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Now pour in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, curry paste, salt, bell pepper, and carrots. Heat to a roaring boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the Coconut milk, lime, and zucchini. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Pour into individual bowls, add salt to taste. Top with chopped fresh cilantro.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 227kcal