- 1 cup Dried quinoa
- 2 cups Water or Broth
- 1 cup Fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 cups Fresh arugula
- 1 Avocado chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecans chopped
- 1/3 cup Crumbled goat cheese or feta
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 Small orange juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Honey
- Bring water or broth and quinoa to a boil.
- Cover and reduce temperature to low.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the water is completely absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- Prepare the salad on a large plate by layering the arugula first.
- Top with quinoa.
- Add strawberries, avocado, pecans, and goat cheese.
- To make the dressing: combine all ingredients into a small jar or tupperware. Shake until the ingredients are blended nicely.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and lightly toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
*If serving for one person keep dressing on side until ready to serve.