- hand-held mixer
For the Cake
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 Egg Plus 1 Egg White
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 tbsp. Safflower Oil
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Sucanat
- 1 Pear peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
For the Maple Cream
- 2 oz. Yogurt Cheese or Low-Fat Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Nonfat Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Packet Stevia
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, applesauce, oil, yogurt, vanilla and Sucanat; set aside. In a small bowl, toss pear with lemon juice; set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- Stir egg mixture and pour into flour mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Fold in half of the pear chunks. Scrape batter into cake pan and smooth top. Evenly scatter remaining pear chunks over top of batter.
Prepare Maple Cream:
- Using a hand-held mixer, beat cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Add yogurt, maple syrup, stevia and cinnamon and beat until well combined. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Bake cake on middle oven rack for about 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and placing on wire rack. Let cool completely before serving.
- Slice and serve cake with 1 Tbsp. Maple Cream.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g