For the salad:
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water or broth
- 1 Mango chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1 Grapefruit peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Arugula for garnish
For the dressing:
- 1 Lime juiced
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Vinegar
- 1 cup Fresh mint
- Salt to taste
- Place water or broth and quinoa into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes (may take up to 20). Water should be completely absorbed by quinoa, and the quinoa should be fluffy without being mushy.
- Gently toss with fruit and mint.
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender (alternatively you can chop the mint very fine, mix with the rest of the ingredients, and skip the food processor).
- Pour dressing onto the salad and mix.
- Serve with almonds and top with arugula.
This recipe is best served immediately. If you plan on eating this over a few days, the best way is to keep the ingredients seperated and add them together before you eat.