For the salad
- 3 large Sweet potatoes
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 Red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh cilantro
For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2 med Vine ripened tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tsp Liquid smoke
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a propane grill or charcoal grill to medium high heat. Cut sweet potatoes into chunks. Slice the bell pepper into strips, and the red onion into chunks.
- Toss the vegetables with oil.
- Using a grill basket or foil packs, place the veggies on the grill. Grill for 10-12 minutes, tossing a few times, and remove once the potatoes are softened. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Dice up the veggies and mix together in a large bowl
- Make the dressing by blending all the ingredients together for about 30 seconds (except the oil), or until tomatoes are completely liquified.
- Add about 1/2 cup of dressing to the salad and toss to coat the vegetables.
- Add chopped fresh cilantro and sprinkle with salt to taste.
*I like to make double batches of dressing to use for the next week!