Molten Lava Cakes
Wow your family with this devilishly good 250-calorie cake! It’s super easy to make and only takes 20 minutes!Print Pin Rate
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Sucanat Organic Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp. Unsweetened Applesauce
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg White
- 1/2 cup Whole-Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray four 4 oz. custard cups or small ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder and sucanat then whisk in applesauce and oil.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk egg and egg white and add to cocoa mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in flour and vanilla until flour is combined completely – don’t over mix.
- Divide mixture evenly among prepared custard cups, place on a baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes. Centers should be soft but sides firm.
- Invert cups onto serving plates; let stand a few minutes before removing cups. Serve warm.
Serving: 1cake | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g