- 6-8 Carrots peeled
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce [low sodium]
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar I prefer Braggs
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth [low sodium]
- 1 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbs Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 tsp Fresh Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Pickled Jalapeno Juice
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Cut and peel carrots
- Boil carrots in water until just fork tender, about 10-15 min
- Drain carrots, rinse with cold water and drain. Place carrots in a ziplock freezer bag.
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together and pour into bag with carrots.
- Marinate for 8-12+ hours [ok to leave overnight]
- Grill carrots on an open grill or pan fry. Grill to heat all the way through and to get some blackened grill marks on each side.
Serving: 1carrot | Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Sodium: 1448mg | Sugar: 11g