- 1 large Butternut Squash Look for one with long neck
- Avacado Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 6-8 8" slices Prosciutto Can substitute bacon
- 6-8 Pouched Eggs
- Preheat Oven 400°
- Slice squash neck into 1/2" discs (6-8 pieces)
- Brush discs well with avocado oil on both sides and lay flat in sheet pan
- Dust discs with salt & pepper. Cook for 45 min. or until both side are golden brown.
- While squash is roasting, toast prosciutto in skillet until crispy.
- Pouch eggs and have ready in covered dish to keep warm
- Add Spring mix, Arugula, Chives, Basil, and Garlic In a food processor until crumbly.
- Add Avocado, Lemon juice, sale & pepper to processor mixture and blend until smooth.
- Butternut disc, pesto, prosciutto, egg & a little more pesto on top!
Use the bulb end of the squash to make crust for quiche!