For the salad:
- 6 medium Peaches
- 6 Kiwi
- 2 large Mangos
- 1.5 lbs Strawberries
For the syrup:
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped basil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Freshly grated lime zest zest of 1 lime
- To begin, prepare your fruit. Peel the skin of both the kiwi and mango. A potato peeler works well for this. Chop the fruit into small pieces, around 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Layer your fruit in the bowl, and then toss to combine altogether.
- Prepare the syrup: Chop the basil into small fine pieces, squeeze the juice of 1 lime, and grate the lime peel using a microplane zester. Add honey, and whisk together to combine.
- Pour syrup over fruit, and stir to coat. Serve immediately, or chill for up to 8 hours before serving.
This salad tastes best served within the 8 hour window, but can still hold up for a few extra days in the fridge.