- 2 tbsp avocado oil or Olive Oil
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced Green or Red
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper optional
- 1/2 tsp sea salt more to taste if needed
- 1 28oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 12 oz jar marinated artichokes liquid drained
- 4-5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese for serving [optional]
- Set the oven to a broil and position the oven rack in the top position. Heat a large ovenproof skillet to medium heat. Coat with oil and toss in the onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened, then add the bell pepper. Continue to stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper and salt to the vegetable mixture. Add in drained artichoke hearts and entire can of tomatoes with juice. Continue to cook for another 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Create 4-5 wells in the tomato sauce with a wooden spoon. Crack and place an egg in each of the wells. Cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes until the egg whites are almost set.
- Remove the lid and place the pan under the broiler for 1 minute, or until eggs are done to your liking (cook for at least 2 minutes for a hard yolk).
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro and feta cheese